Town of Tusten Resources

The Town of Tusten was formed in 1853; taken from the town of Lumberland.

Town history

The township of Tusten contains these hamlets:

Beaverbrook Corners
Fort Delaware
Neweiden (Swamp Mills)
Ten Mile River
Tusten Station

1855 Census Tusten

Tusten Historical Society Since this web page is from 2008, some of the information included may no longer be valid.

Town Historian:

Barbara Buckman
380 Gables Rd.
Narrowsburg, NY 12764

Please note: town historians often DO NOT have access to genealogical files, but can be helpful in relating geographic and place name information about the township and its historic development.

Sullivan County NYGenWeb Page